Transferring from Classroom to ACE Distance
Transferring from a College Based ACE Classroom to ACE Distance
Often students’ personal and employment situations change, and they are no longer able to participate in classroom-based delivery. Consequently we have established a process which enables students to transfer the work they have done in class to their distance course in order to complete the subject and achieve their academic goals. The following outlines the process which must be followed.
1. The student must complete Learn to Learn (L2L) in order to enroll in an ACE Distance course. To register for L2L click here.
2. In order to arrange for the transferring of grades, it is critical that students provide the following information as soon as possible:
- Student’s Name and email address
- The college and site where the student is participating in classroom delivery
- When the student is planning to register for ACE Distance
- The course(s) the student is requesting to transfer
- The college where they have registered for ACE Distance delivery
- The full name of the classroom teacher
- The classroom teacher’s e-mail address
3. This information should be forwarded to Lynne Wallace by fax 705.675.8295 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for the form.
4. Once Lynne has received this information, she will arrange for the classroom and distance teachers to connect to discuss the student’s progress and grades and make sure all the data is transferred to the ACE Distance grade sheet.
5. If a student is in pre ACE level programming, there will be nothing to transfer. If the student passes the intake assessment in Learn to Learn, s/he is welcome to register in an ACE Distance course.
6. We are only able to arrange the transferring of grades within the college system. If a student is transferring from a school board program to a college program, any transfer of progress must be done by representatives of the two programs.
7. FINAL STEP: Once students have completed L2L, they must register for
the ACE Distance course at the college they have selected. Students must
complete this final step. Learn to Learn teachers are not able to do this for
If you have any questions, please contact Lynne Wallace email@example.com
If you are enrolling in a tuition-free intake of ACE Distance (January, April, September) there will be no charge and your textbook will be provided. If you are enrolling in a feepaying session you will be required to pay fees and purchase your textbook. For information about feepaying, click here.